This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Crispy shrimp tossed in a creamy candy sauce with candied walnuts. This honey walnut shrimp is so significantly better than takeout and among the best shrimp recipes that you’ll make!
Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe
Let’s discuss shrimp. Do you like it or hate it? My husband LOVES shrimp! He asks me to make it on a regular basis. I wasn’t the largest fan of it earlier than, however I’m a agency believer in giving issues a second strive. I’m so blissful I did as a result of shrimp is so scrumptious and versatile! Since honey walnut shrimp is such a preferred dish, I made a decision to strive recreating it at house with contemporary, easy elements. No have to make a visit to Panda Categorical this time!
This can be a nice recipe to start out with in case you aren’t an enormous shrimp fan. (It’ll make you a believer!) Initially, the walnuts get a crunchy candied exterior. Then, you pan fry the shrimp till the surface will get good and crispy. However this honey glaze you guys… it’s out of this world! It’s candy, savory, creamy, and coats each bit of crispy shrimp completely. With honey walnut shrimp this good, you gained’t have the ability to load sufficient onto your plate.
A Reader’s Overview
Excellent and scrumptious! It turned out simply as I hoped, and actually hits the mark for these craving the Panda Categorical model! Can not suggest sufficient!
Components for Honey Walnut Shrimp
The sauce is a mixture of honey, mayonnaise, and sweetened condensed milk. Sure, you heard that proper. Sweetened condensed milk! Just a bit of this added to the sauce brings all the flavors collectively and provides such a scrumptious and candy glaze to the shrimp. And the candied walnuts all through, so wonderful!
- Water: Adjusts the consistency of the honey glaze.
- Sugar: Sweetens all the things, making the walnuts sugary and giving a candy style to the shrimp.
- Walnuts: Makes the dish crunchy and nutty when coated with sugar, which pairs properly with the shrimp and sauce.
- Vegetable Oil: Used to fry the shrimp, making them crispy and golden on the surface whereas retaining them mushy inside.
- Egg: Helps the cornstarch persist with the shrimp.
- Cornstarch: The principle coating for the honey walnut shrimp.
- Shrimp: I used giant deveined shrimp, however you should utilize any dimension you need. You could simply want to regulate the cooking occasions a bit.
- Mayonnaise: So the sauce is creamy and wealthy. Common mayo and Japanese mayo (often known as kewpie mayo) each work!
- Honey: Provides sweetness to the sauce, making it tasty and mixing nicely with the walnuts.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: The key ingredient! This provides a beautiful creaminess to the sauce.
- Sliced Inexperienced Onions: Provides a bit contemporary onion style and makes the dish look good.
Let’s Get Cooking!
Honey walnut shrimp is the proper 30-minute meal to impress your loved ones with. Collect up your elements and prepare to take advantage of crispy and scrumptious shrimp ever!
- Sweet Walnuts: In a small saucepan stir collectively the water and sugar. Then convey to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for about 2 minutes then drain and place on a cookie sheet to dry.
- Fry Shrimp: Warmth the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium excessive warmth. In a small bowl whisk the egg. Then add the cornstarch to a different small bowl. Dip the shrimp into the egg after which the cornstarch. Fry the shrimp for about 5 minutes or till they flip pink and the surface is golden brown. Take away with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Sauce Combination: In a medium bowl whisk collectively mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk. Add the fried shrimp and toss to coat. Sprinkle with candied walnuts and inexperienced onions. Serve honey walnut shrimp contemporary with fried rice or any of your different favourite Chinese language takeout recipes!
You might be significantly going to like each single chunk. Higher-than-takeout recipes are the very best! I promise that you will love this honey walnut shrimp simply as a lot as my household does. Listed below are a number of methods to verify your dish seems completely:
- Sweet the Walnuts First: Sweet the walnuts early on, permitting them to dry correctly on a cookie sheet. This ensures they’re crispy and candy for the ultimate dish.
- Prep the Shrimp Effectively: Be sure that to peel and devein the shrimp correctly earlier than coating with egg and cornstarch. This helps obtain crispy and evenly-coated shrimp.
- Realizing When the Shrimp are Completed: Fry the shrimp till they flip pink and have a golden brown exterior. Watch out to not overcook, as this can lead to robust shrimp.
- Fry Shrimp in Small Batches: To ensure each bit of shrimp will get cooked by way of correctly, work in small batches and don’t overcrowd your skillet.
- Drain Extra Oil: After frying, place the shrimp on a paper towel to empty any extra oil. Nobody likes soggy shrimp!
- Create the Creamy Honey Sauce: Whisk the mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk completely to create a clean sauce that coats the shrimp evenly.
- Toss Shrimp Gently: When combining the shrimp with the sauce, toss them gently to make sure every shrimp is coated evenly with out breaking that crispy outer texture.
Storing Leftover Honey Walnut Shrimp
In case you have leftovers of this excellent shrimp, right here’s find out how to maintain it contemporary so you possibly can get pleasure from it later.
- In the Fridge: Switch shrimp to an hermetic container and retailer for 2-3 days.
- Reheating: To ensure your shrimp stays crispy on the surface, I like to recommend reheating it within the oven. Add your honey walnut shrimp to a baking sheet and cook dinner for about 10 minutes at 350 levels Fahrenheit.
Pin this now to search out it later
In a small saucepan stir collectively the water and sugar. Carry to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for about 2 minutes then drain and place on a cookie sheet to dry.
Warmth the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium excessive warmth. In a small bowl whisk the egg. Add the cornstarch to a different small bowl. Dip the shrimp into the egg after which the cornstarch. Fry the shrimp for about 5 minutes or till they flip pink and the surface is golden brown. Take away with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
In a medium bowl whisk collectively mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Sprinkle with candied walnuts and inexperienced onions. Serve.
Up to date on September 30, 2023
Serving: 0.5cupEnergy: 412kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 4gFats: 28gSaturated Fats: 4gPolyunsaturated Fats: 18gMonounsaturated Fats: 5gTrans Fats: 0.04gLdl cholesterol: 36mgSodium: 136mgPotassium: 118mgFiber: 1gSugar: 28gVitamin A: 65IUVitamin C: 0.4mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 1mg
Diet data is mechanically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.